Thursday, January 21, 2010

Life Happens

I learned an important lesson about training for an amateur bike racing season, life happens.
Work is making it pretty difficult to get the planned workouts in, I missed my Wednesday workout and I am less than optimistic that my workout today is happening.
So what should I do:
Try and make up the workouts this weekend and do a couple two-a-days?
or
Continue with the plan and realize that the season is about 10 weeks away and that missing one bike workout and a yoga workout isn't going to make or break my season? (I am leaning towards this one)
I would love to see some feedback on this in the comments.
Check out the thoughts of bikesnobnyc on the topic, and the guy "andrew from chicago" who emailed velonews about training without a bike, yeah that's me!

Bike Snob NYC

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. your not going to "miss" that workout I don't think. My rule has always been as long as missing things isn't the trend it's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree, yoga isnt hapepening tonight, but the friday workout is gonna happen i will post a revised plan soon.

    ReplyDelete