Saturday, July 3, 2010

Floydgate, tDf style

So I read the wsj floyd article online yesterday evening, and for some reason I felt compelled to buy the hard copy today and give it another read. Here are a few of my favorite quotes and my take on the whole thing.

In response to allegations that Lance and fellow US Postal riders took part in private strip shows and cocaine use (by his lawyer Tim Herman).
"Mr Armstrong had no contact with strippers or cocaine."

Wasn't Tom Boonen on postal about that time....

Most interesting revelation: US postal allegedly sold team issued Trek bikes to fund the doping program. Landis alleges that team bikes (about 60) were sold to raise funds for the team doping program and not given to riders as they should have been. Trek admitted some bikes were sold, but nothing more.

Floyd said "not a jet, I want a bicycle. That's not too much to ask for?" In response to a jab by Armstrong referencing the personal jet lance utilized (and landis rode in on occasion)

Hardest thing to read:

Chad Gerlach's statements about systematic doping (who is an addict like intervention appearances addict, which rupert murdoch's newspaper fails to disclose)

"I believe it because I have seen it personally.... Its just a systematic thing" in response to the landis allegations.Chad doesn't accuse anyone in particular.

Now here is my take, Landis is spiteful. He admits he doesn't understand why he is the only one who doesn't get a second chance (he should call ricco or rasmussen they could both relate. I feel that spite and revenge are his true motives.

However, its clear through failed tests and countless rider accounts that there was a couple decades in cycling that were really dirty. I've come to terms with that as a fan. I choose to look forward to the next three weeks of racing with child like excitement and not focus on the past, its a lot more fun that way.

Not to mention i got a bunch of  rouleurderby bets going!

Full disclosure I am a fan of Lance Armstrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment