Sunday, June 27, 2010

ToAD catch all

So heres a quick summary of whats been going on.

Day 6 - Waterloo - Great course, little hill, easy corners and smooth roads. The race was tame and attacks were rarely made, none successful. I was in better position than previous crits coming into the final hill but got stuck behind someone braking up (who does that) and crossed the line 18th - got some series points to add to Road America. This was a good race, but its becoming clear that I lose position in corners on a regular basis and that leads my inability to crack the top ten. Its something I need to focus on during my trips to Matteson.

Day 7 - Greenbush -  Hardest race I have ever done, I turned myself inside out to finish 14th in a pack uphill sprint. Great Chicago crew in the house 6 of the top 15 places. Great race, full report to come. More series points.

Day 8 - Fond Du Lac - Four corners, really short, really wide, really windy, really fast. Won a prime, dropped a chain in the last lap and crossed 25th (not excuses, just what happened but in bike racing you need to make things happen or you don't make statements.)

Day 9 - Downers Ave - Best racing atmosphere of the series. Interesting course, some would call it classic. Avoided a crash with 9 to go as the wheel in front of me tumbled to the ground (you shouldn't fall just cause you touch wheels, i am not saying i'm just saying). Chased back on over two laps and thought i was about to cough up blood from the effort. Early on I went to the front and did some work. Failed to hold good position and crossed 23rd. Drew got 7th.

Day 10 -- 12 hrs from now i will be racing my bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment